WORDS OF ST. RUFUS


THE WORDS OF ST. RUFUS

 

I have fractal faceprints. All saints have fractal faceprints and footprints.

 

My father carried crosses; I carry words.

 

You can read my thin biographies  in the Catholic Encyclopedia.

 

It disappoints me that after more than a thousand years only a fistful of people have read my epistles, letters that the Roman Catholic Church have ostracized from the liturgy. I advise folks who are incarcerated by the black/white binary to read my letters.  The letters may save them from the oblivion of damnation.  If the letters do not, it ain't my fault.

 

I have walked in the valley of despair,  and my feet are intact and clean.

 

When, dear Lord, is this business about washing in the blood of a lamb?  As far as I know, people ought to wash in water not blood. It is all future-hype to me.

 

I have climbed  the mountains of equity and found cosmic discord  that is as vicious as a hungry Siberian tiger, but I defeated the tiger with his own jawbone.  Praise God.

 

Do not eat food.  Eat love. Starvation is a fast road to Heaven, if starvation is something other than suicide. Love will come to your defense and win the case.

 

I have  more to say, but I have been warned by the Heavenly Security Agency to refrain from whistle-blowing.  I am not  crazy.  I do not wish to be banished to the bad place. Honor local knowledge.

 

Edited by Jerry W. Ward, Jr.                        August 21, 2021

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CLA paper

reading notes for September 23, 2019

Musings, February 8-9, 2021