Lines for an insane president

 

PANDEMIC REMARKS ON THE HOUSE OF PRESIDENT INSANE

 

"A man feared that he might find an assassin;

Another that he might find a victim.

One was more wise than the other."

 

Stephen Crane, The Black Rider and Other Lines, LVI

 

 

I resent President Insane, a certified draft-dodger, fixing his mouth to say women and men who have died in American  military battles are suckers and losers.  I am a Vietnam veteran and entitled to address these words to President Insane-------

 

Draftdodger, I will not cast

the visual purple of my gaze

in your snuff movie,

witness the obscene grin

of your wicked camera

witnessing

the unlovely surprised

death agonies

of that girl.

 

I am still in Vietnam, and it in me.

I aim higher for the enemy.

I aim to shatter

the blue iris

of your eye,

Draftdodger.

 

I wrote these lines three decades ago, but they are not sufficient.  Resentment is not sufficient.

Neither anger nor contempt is sufficient. Justice demands that words introduce President Insane to Eternity.

 

Jerry W. Ward, Jr.            9/5/2020 10:57:47 AM

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CLA paper

reading notes for September 23, 2019

Musings, February 8-9, 2021