The imprisoned and the prisoner


The Imprisoned and the Prisoner

May 10, 2018



GP to JWW



Dear Mister Ward

    I gave as much as I had, trying to get ready for the Hiset Eaam.



   But I know my limataions.  My failure done'nt come from you as a teacher.



    But from me being an over age student.



    I thank you for everything that you have given me.



    I have always said that I came here with nothing; But I leave with so much.

    Once Again Thank you.



GP



JWW to GP



Dear Mr. P_______:



I refuse to accept your decision to abandon preparing for the HiSet Exam on the grounds that you are an "over age" students.  Had our great, great grandparents said "We are too old to yearn for freedom," it is likely that you and I would be enslaved males on a plantation of somewhere.  I refuse to condone your failing yourself.  I do not deem your excuse regarding age to be either necessary or sufficient.  While your rate of learning differs from the rates of others in our group, you do still have the capacity and capability of learning.



If you are determined to not take the HiSet Exam, I may not be able to persuade you to change your mind.  I do demand, however, that you use the intelligence given to you by your parents and your ancestors.  I am willing to compromise.  I am willing to work with you on improving your reading and writing skills, to help you do something positive with your accumulated experiences.  I am willing to help you to become a more competent writer and a more astute reader.  You can remain within the group and focus only on the writing and reading portions of the HiSet Exam book.  Your ability to express your ideas is too important to waste.



I expect you to continue participating in our sessions.



Sincerely yours,



JWW










Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CLA paper

reading notes for September 23, 2019

Tell Them We Are Rising