Trump's Magnificat


TRUMP'S MAGNIFICAT

(in praise of Putin the Red Dragon)





My heart does magnify your wind

And my head rejoices in you my savior.

For you have annotated the low esteem

of your apostle; for, it is great,

from henceforth all hysteria

will call me blasted.

For you who are haughty

have done to me naughty things;

and ghostly is your name.

And your mendacity resides in them

who hear you from her story to history.

You have sown despair

with your hands; you have

scattered hubris

in the imagery of my soul.

You have desecrated the mighty

in their seats and rescued me from prevarication.

You have brained the rich

with good things; and the hungry,

you have sent to the garbage pails.

You have exalted me, your most obedient

serf, in remembrance of your mercy;

as you preached to my father,

Judas in the chariot, and to my spawn forever.





Jerry W. Ward, Jr.                            August 17, 2017

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CLA paper

reading notes for September 23, 2019

SENIOR READERS